Sunday, May 12, 2013

When They Come and Go

Recently George Jones passed away. It is through his music that he will be timeless. I had no connection to Jones, but my grandfather does (Papaw). He loves his music. Papaw and I have no connection in music. None at all. Once he watched me do an outlandish karaoke version of Bohemian Rhapsody and he, after a moment of shocked silence, responded, "You did a good job, but, man, that was the worst song I have ever heard."

My grandfather has not had a constant state of healthiness for a while now. Every six months or so my mom will tell me that Papaw is in the hospital again.

There is something about "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones that will always remind me of my Papaw Brewer. Perhaps he did a karaoke version of it as well. Regardless, it is his tune to me. Papaw is a country boy and I am not but we have a few tunes like this one that will always remind me of him.

When They Come and Go.

"He Stopped Loving Her Today"


No comments:

Post a Comment