Sunday, January 5, 2014

Parasitic Noise Top Ten Albums

I recently got the urge to declare to myself what my favorite albums of all time are. I figured here would be a great place to share them because you can see them and then maybe if you are inspired enough you can share your favorites in the comments section and we can see how different/similar the lists can be.

I would like to emphasize that the albums listed here are in no way the most critically acclaimed albums ever. I'll say right now that you will not see anything by The Beatles, Bob Dylan, or The Rolling Stones on this list. I am of a generation where most did not grow up on those bands. My experience is more shaped by late '70s rock music. At the earliest. These albums are just the ones I have connected with the most, but that's how yours should be too. Never allow your favorites to be everyone's favorites just because you feel like you have to.

Needless to say, I do not trust any large publication with an all time list. They are not fact and sometimes people treat them as such. Same goes for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Sure these artists great, but are they all the greatest of all time? Maybe to the critic's ear and eye, but that's not what music is for. We claim no kings and queens of rock. (Even if some silly nickname says so). After all, music is art. Some people forget that. It cannot be judged in terms of right and wrong, good and bad. There are not extremes, just tastes. Do you like it? Be my guest and like that music.

With that being said, here is my list. How about sharing yours?

Disclaimer: There is no order between these albums. There are some oldies on here but also some recent albums that I hope stay on the list for a very long time.


Counting Crows "August and Everything After"
Arctic Monkeys "Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not" 
Pearl Jam "Ten"
Dave Matthews Band "Crash"
John Mellencamp "Scarecrow"
Bruce Springsteen "The Rising" 
Moon Taxi "Cabaret"
The Pass "Melt" 
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers "Damn The Torpedoes"
The Wild Feathers "The Wild Feathers"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment