Sunday, September 22, 2013

Blasting in My Brain

 
Washed Out "It All Feels Right"

This stuff really blows my mind. Ernest Greene, the creator of Washed Out, the best chillwave act out there, has taken a new tone.

Greene is really good at setting a tone with his cover art. His first album was a picture of a naked couple in a all white background intertwined in white sheets. Just felt like clouds. So did the music. This current album cover is colorful, sporadic, and tropical. So literally when I am hearing the supposedly over 50 instruments Greene used on this album, I am thinking jungle.

But still, with the drowning vocal and tantalizing sounds, Ernest Greene has created another work of art. The best example is "It All Feels Right."

Thankfully, Washed Out is gracing Louisville in November at Headliner's. Cheap too. I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment